Westchester Library System LEADER Lab
Please click here to log your time in the LEADER Lab so that we know how our space is being used. Thank you!
is a center for innovation and professional development. It offers library staff opportunities to
- test and use emerging technologies and equipment
- experience programs that they can implement in their libraries
- learn high tech and traditional making skills
- experience maker activities that access creativity and problem-solving skills
- participate in teamwork and collaboration
- engage in lifelong learning
View offerings and register for workshops through the WLS evanced calendar.
Programs are geared to adult and teen audiences and most can be adapted for youth demographics. A takeaway from most programs is a detailed plan that includes
- a program proposal
- detailed instructions and timeline
- a complete supplies list and budget
- handouts for patrons
- links to collection materials and STEAM topics
Featured Program Plans and Presentations
- 3D printers are available for use by workshop participants.
- MakerBot Replicator 2X 3D Printer
- LulzBot TAZ 6 3D Printer
- GraphTec CE6000 Vinyl Cutter is available for workshop participants, by appointment to library staff who have been certified, and for jobs from libraries as arranged through the helpdesk.
- Information and FAQ
- Currently available: Physics Fun!
Looking for information about WLS sewing machines?
- Contact Pat Brigham